Thursday, May 5, 2011

Weigh In 5/2/11

Alright, alright. I know I am completely and utterly slacking this week. I should have posted this on Monday. I did take my photos weight and measurements on Monday but I was just too embarrassed to post my results. But someone mentioned last week that the point of my blog was to hold myself accountable so I had to buck up and just post this.

Here is my April review:



May 22011
Weight: 157.8lbs (+.2)
Body Fat: 31% (0)
Bust: 37" (+1)
Waist: 29.5" (+.25)
Hips: 39" (-.25)
Bicep: 11.5" (0)
Thigh: 22.75" (0)
Calf: 14.75" (-.25)


So I decided to skip my last weigh in, and I have a confession. I weighed in, I just was so sick at what I saw on the scale I couldn't bring myself to go through the ritual of recording and posting such a terrible result. Last week the scale was back up to 158, I couldn't possibly believe it. I mean, it was right after Easter but still, considering earlier that week I saw 154 on the scale (my lowest yet) I was just heartbroken to see that I had gained 4 lbs over a few days. I was hoping that maybe I was just on a swing so I tried to wait it out a week and see if I re-balanced and I didn't. I legitimately gained 4 lbs, and I am embarrassed.

Let's go ahead and wrap April up, because it was a total bust for me and I am ready to move on to bigger and better things in May.



April 4 2011
May 2 2011
Weight:
157.0 lbs
157.8 lbs
(+.8)
Body Fat:
31 %
31%
(0)
Bust:
36"
37"
(+1)
Waist:
29.25"
29.5"
(+.25)
Hips:
39.5"
39"
(-.5)
Bicep:
11.75"
11.5"
(-.25)
Thigh:
22.75"
22.75"
(0)
Calf:
15"
14.75"
(-.25) 

Yup, so there it is. For the entire month of April I lost nothing, in fact I gained weight, and I gained inches. I can even see it in the pictures. Total and complete failure. I have no freaking clue what I did wrong. I followed my diet and I exercised regularly. And all  I see is a gain. How frustrating, it makes me grumpy that I passed on so many desserts and tasty morsels. Makes me think that maybe I could have eaten those things and seen the same result.

But like I said, I promised myself that I would see this through and by golly I will. I need to focus on my successes and not my failures.

Like my overall journey from the beginning of this blog:


January 1 2011
May 2 2011
Weight:
171.6 lbs
157.8 lbs
(-13.8)
Body Fat:
36 %
31%
(-5)
Bust:
38.5"
37"
(-1.5)
Waist:
32"
29.5"
(-2.5)
Hips:
43"
39"
(-4)
Bicep:
12.75"
11.5"
(-1.25)
Thigh:
24"
22.75"
(-1.25)
Calf:
15.5"
14.75"
(-.75) 

Aaaah much better. I can handle that 13.8 lbs lost, minus 5% body fat. I need to use these stats to motivate me to keep at it. My plan has worked so far, and I just hit a terribly bad plateau. I am re-grouping this month. May is my re-charge. These next two weeks I will be recording everything I can, calories, water intake, weight ect. to see if I can find any trends that can help me avoid another month like this.

I also am looking into different diet plans, and exercise plans that may help jump start my body back into weight loss. I'm sorry to any of my viewers who look to me for motivation but please understand that this sort of thing happens to everyone and I am not giving up, nor slacking. I am trying my hardest, and just ran into a terrible month.

Luckily a new one has already started and I'm ready to take it head-on and finally get to the 150 I have been searching for for years now.

Thank you everyone for your support, and suggestions to get me through this. It really helps and makes me so glad that I decided to make my journey public on this blog.

3 comments:

  1. You do need to just wrap up April. I agree! Just kick it out of the park this month, which I totally see you doing! 13.8lbs.. AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April has been and gone. It's all about May! I think when you compare the two pics from Jan to now as well as compare the stats, it shows that you're heading in the right direction. I know you found April hard but even the stats in April showed some losses in certain areas such as your hips, bicep and calf. Maybe this month you will see positive change in other parts of your body. All you can do is keep trying your best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for following through with progress pics. Pictures tell more of the truth than any scale or measurements can. It's physical results that you can see and compare to your last pictures. It tells you if you're doing well or have stalled (helping to kick you in the butt to get moving again). Can't wait to see what May has in store for you. :)

    ReplyDelete